Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Olympic Week !!!

Do you think it is possible to extend my stay here in Canada until the end of the year ? Or is that pushing it ? LOL !! Well what can I say, I am officially LOVING TORONTO and most of all, my stay at Branksome. There is never a week of boredom. NEVER! The word just does not exist in this school. Spirit week has ended and we are now awaiting the arrival of OLYMPIC WEEK ! :) Students will be able to watch some of the events at lunch time in the auditorium. There will also be trivia, a challenge of tug of war and just so much more! Each adviser group (which is like a careers group at Tamaki) is also going to be given a country which they must represent for the rest of the week ! Now how fun does that sound! I'm looking forward to it, especially seeing all the different ways that people will represent their country. Speaking of different countries, it's INFUSION TIME ! :) which at Tamaki is like Culture group day . Chinese New Year is another upcoming event where they gave out fortune cookies which had facts about the Chinese New Year. The residence girls will be having a huge dinner in celebration of the New Year. So much happening so little time . Oh , I nearly forgot. The FORMAL was on last Saturday. It was a night to remember! The Branksome Formal was held at Berkley Hall, a beautiful, huge venue. The vibe was just amazing and everyone looked spectacular ! People strutting their stuff and dancing. It was just a beautiful night :)
I have realised that in NZ, I am easily portrayed as a confident person, but what I realised is that you don't know how confident you are until you are fully taken out of your comfort zone. I believed that I was independent and yet when I came here, it was the first time I felt as though I was actually standing on my own two feet. I guess, what I'm really trying to say is that Canada is doing wonders for me. I'ts not just Canada. I owe it all to Branksome, the students, their work effort and the amount of passion they put into everything they do that makes me light up :) I'm growing in confidence and loving learning new things. This isn;t just an experience, it's a life changing event .

Shall keep you posted on everything else that happens here in the beautiful land of snow .

Christine Savele
Headgirl 2010

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome piece of writing Christine! They are really blessed to have you there with them and I am sure they are learning lots from you too. I do hope your sponsors are following this blog and seeing what an impact opportunities like this have on a person.
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very proud of how your 'life changing event' is going Christine because a big part of that is YOU making it worthwhile. You want to stay for the year!! Your father i am sure will have something to say about that!!!!! I am so pleased with all that is happening and keep the writing and the reflections coming!!! we are loving it!!!
    Mrs Pamaka

    ReplyDelete