Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Infusion...

Dear Blog

I am counting down. 10 Days left! I've decided to change back into Tamaki uniform tommorow even though I don't have to until next week but I want to. Loud of Proud Tamaki Girl :) ..

INFUSION! This is the most rockingest event to have happened here at Branksome. Now Polyfest & culture group day back at home is just as good except we, being Pacific Islanders, witness the same dances and most of them are similar. Niuean / Tongan / Samoan etc. But infusion is so much different! It has Japenese dancing, Bollywood and Austrian dancing too. It was amazing and had all of us bouncing, jumping and laughing in our seats. It was amazing to see the different cultures and one of the dances was actually slightly similar to Samoan dancing in a way. The dancing was graceful and beautiful. I loved it.
Last ten days and I am trying my best not to cry. In ten days I will leave to Texas and my footstep prints will most likely fade once the snow melts. I've loved every moment here. I have cried missing home, laughed at the crazy things that people say and the way that Canadians pronounce "Laundry" Hahaahaa.
I dont know if I've ever said this, but Thank You. Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen. This is an experience that by far is the best thing that has happened to me. Though I've cried so many times and thrown fits about missing my Mum amd Dad and wanting to see them again, but I guess as a person I've grown stronger. I stand on my own two feet and I've smiled because I kind of know who I am . See what I'm capable of doing ? Its been a good reflection time here.
I'm happy I came and also happy I'm leaving. As beautiful as the surrounding is, my home is Glen Innes and I cant wait to put everything I have learnt back into action.

10 days, counting down and smiling the whole way .

Lots of love
Christine Savele
Head Girl _ 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment