Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Art of Procrastination...

Dear Blog ;

I was sitting around today and reading through my blogs, fascinated over how many people actually read this. So, I thought I would take advantage of this opportunity to not only share my experiences here, but to share certain barriers that I hope to overcome whilst here.
Procrastination - Its one thing that should be a sin, because then I would actually be more scared to do it. There comes a time in the day where you decide you will sit down and fully take control of the spare time you have to work on that essay given to you a week ago. Then - you suddenly realise that you HAVE to clean your room, then once you finish cleaning room you suddenly become hungry, so put off studying to go and eat, you cant work on an empty stomach right? You spend at least 40 minutes eating, then think you should get rest and by the end of the day you have the cleanest room in the house, your tummy is full, you've combed your hair at least 20 times and yet still haven't managed to write the title of that essay! Being here in Canada, 'Ive become more independent as I don't have my mother around anymore telling me to clean my room or to show her my homework. Ive had to become my own mother and in a way, I see this task as something straight forward and simple. It's something that I could have easily achieved in NZ whilst at home with my family but I didn't. Was it because I didn't want to? I didn't know how to? No, it was just because I never let myself. Taking the easy way out seems the best thing for me, for anyone and yet, all those days when I walked with both feet, really I was being carried maybe even dragged along by other people.
So do I hope for change? I sure do.
The art of procrastination! I've been using this paintbrush my entire life but, slowly, I think it's time to retire. So with this I have begun to write "Tomcat & Maori Jesus Essay - by Christine Savele"

:) Have a good day .
Christine ..

No comments:

Post a Comment