Monday, March 1, 2010

Sledging and overcoming being a wimp!!!

Dear Blog .

I have been way too busy to do daily blogs so this is a catch up for the days that I missed.
Today is Sunday, and tomorrow I will wake up knowing that it is my last week in Canada. Until now it hasn't exactly kicked in that I'm leaving so soon. My adventure feels like its only just begun, so I write this blog with tears streaming down my cheeks.

8 day, 7 day, 6 day, 5 day count down.
I can't believe it. It felt like only yesterday that I was packing my bags and getting ready to fly to Canada, and now I'm doing the same thing , except now I'm leaving . We went sledging on one of the days that passed and I loved it. I'm not actually a daredevil. I'm actually a real big wimp at times. At the beginning of my trip here, I probably would have looked at the hill I sledged down and thought, HAH ! No wa , Get lost, but instead, I went, saw a smaller hill, had a little practice run then raced up with Cara to conquer the big hill ! It was just a fun thrill and I forgot that I was leaving, forgot that I had a ton of History, Media and English reading to do. All that was running through my head was the fact that I was in Canada and having the time of my life. No exams, no stress, no responsibilities, I was having fun.
Today we watched the hockey game between the USA and CANADA . Talk about INTENSE! The game went into overtime and SIDNEY CROSBY shot the winning goal, with canada getting the gold medal :) I cheered like there was no tommorow! I dont even jump and cheer that much for the All Blacks and I did for Canada. That's saying something.

I love it here. The people, the students,the teachers. :D This has been an amazing experience. I've seen one of the seven wonders of the world, walked through blizards and balanced while walking over icey snow. I've done things here that I don't think of doing in NZ. I survived without my parents .

I'll never forget these past months. Never ..
:) 4days left ..

So I end this blog entry , still crying .
But smiling .

"Don't be sad that it's over, be happy it happened"
I couldn't agree more .

I'll write more when its closer to my last day .
Lots of love
Christine Savele
Headgirl of Tamaki College 2010



2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you have coped really well with being away from home. We look forward to seeing the changed head girl. We had no doubts about you coping with this experience.I liked the idea of a break from normal classes to complete extended essays. Enjoy your last week and tell us about TEXAS!
    PS. If you see Mrs Murton give her my regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible experience you have had. I would say that being in Canada for the final and watching alongside Canadians will be one of the memories that will stick with you for a long time. Looking forward to the next post.... Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete