Friday, January 29, 2010

Blizzards!!!

Yaaaay !! I have started with more regular blogs, because I have more friends and more to talk about ! :) I had my first snow blizzard this morning ! I wasnt expecting it , and we had like a cm of snow in less then 10minutes . As cold as it was , I was actually pretty guttered when it stopped. Funny story. People here are dieing to get tattoos, and funnily enough, I have one. I said it casually to one of the girls I met and she was sooo shocked. Made me laugh . Anywaaay - back to important issues. I seem to be having a real big problem here , nothing to do with bullying or anything absurd like that , but - just the fact that like , everything is so different. After being here for 26 days you would think that I have adjusted ! I haven't actually. My Samoan culture ways are fully colliding with the way they live here. Quick example - independency is something that you don't get till your like 104 ! but here, its different. Anywhere , gooo .. be freee ? I know of some people in New Zealand who get the same treatment, but I've never lived somewhere where, its NORMAL ? Its everywhere ? (shows how far I've been in life) Hahaa. Oh and they regularly speak French here? Hard to understand. Nothing like Samoan . :) ObviouslY !! The winter Olympics are starting up here soon. Not going to be watching it though ? && today im going to be attending a photography class. Photography and art is huge here ! and the people are amazingly talented . At Tamaki , our music classes are huge right ? there a popular subject but here its art & photography. Music classes have like 7 people ? I am officially over being home sick and am looking forward to the days to come becaaausseee - there is A LOT of preparation for spirit week happening, which is intense here. Everyone is practicing like there is no tomorrow. There is the Formal too, which once again is still buzz of the moment. Dramas with formal partners & everything have already been happening. Did I mention this ? I met Greg Mortenson , he's the famous author for Three Cups of Tea & Pennies for Peace, an organisation which helps to raise money in order to build schools for girls in Pakistan :) He came to speak at Branksome and it was sooo moving . :) Good man. Hes a good man . :)

Got to go . :)
Keep you updated on everything else that happens.

Christine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment